Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Week With Marilyn






My Week With Marilyn tells the story of a young man named Collin Clark, who gets a job as the third assistant director of a film starring Marilyn Monroe and Laurence Olivier. Marilyn's insecurities drive everyone crazy especially Olivier, but Collin falls in love with her.

I don't really know what to think about this movie: It's very much like a T.V movie, it's just not cinematic or big enough of a story. I wanted to see much more, more of the making of The Prince And The Showgirl,more of Marilyn, more of her assistant Paula. And more of Judi Dench!!! I love her, and she's just great in this! Anyway, Michelle Williams is mixed for me. I thought she was good, but the material affects her work and sometimes I thought her Marilyn was an obvious imitation at times. But her performance has a subtle,striking depth to it that makes it worthwhile and I wouldn't say a nominaion is undeserved. I liked seeing Emma Watson as Marilyn's wardrobe lady, knowing that she can do something out of Harry Potter, and Eddie Redmayne was fine as Collin.

So, I was disappointed in My Week With Marilyn mostly because it feels very fake and doesn't ring true as a biography of Marilyn Monroe. As for William's Oscar chances, she has a very good chance given her critics awards,but unless she wins the SAG, I don't think it'll happen yet fort her. WE'll see. The critics choice awards and the Golden Globes awards will be announced in two weeks and then we'll all have a better idea who the frontrunners are.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar