Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

TAG I Goth You Babe: Smells Black Magic - Black Smokey eye


Everyone has a dark side, and I know I explored mine thoroughly in previous years. Ranging from mohawk haircuts when I was 16, to wearing all black all the time and wearing the dreadful black kohl in my waterline. Good years. I have grown out of it slowly and gradually now, but in never really goes away. So I was extremely excited when I found the I Goth You Tag from Cosmetic Mind and decided to participate immediately. The first episode of this tag is dedicate to The goth shade BLACK and what better homage to it than a black smokey eye.


I had never attempted a black smokey eye before because it is notoriously a complex look to create that takes a lot of blending and is absolutely unforgiving to mistakes. It was a challenge I really wanted to tackle once and this was the right time. I have just received the Kat von D Shade & Light Eye palette which is a collection of neutral matte eyeshadows and is perfect for this look. Another palette I would have used otherwise would have been the Lorac Pro palette.


I started by laying down a black pencil and blending it before going it with cream and rust eyeshadows to create the transition area. Then I packed the black eyeshadow on the lid and went back and forth intensifying and blending the black with the rust. An endless process. I used the same shades under the eyes, added a matte highlight on the brow bone and inner corner, mascara, corner lashes and was done. 

I wanted to keep the face neutral as well using one of my favorite blushes H&M Powder Blush in Brown Sugar paired with Mary Lou Manizer by the Balm on the cheekbones. I wanted to go really dark with the lips, in true goth vibe but decided to keep the neutral theme with a medium brown lipstick instead.


Products used:

Face:
  • Nivea Men Sensitive After Shave Balm
  • L'Oréal Infallible 24H Matte foundation in 20 Sand
  • Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20 Sand
  • Kiko Full Coverage Concealer 03
  • Essence Stay All Day Translucent Fixing Powder
  • Anastasia Bevery Hills Contour Kit shades Banana and Havana
  • H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blush in Brown Sugar (here)
  • The Balm Mary Lou Manizer

Eyes:
  • Rimmel Scandalyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black
  • Kat von D Shade&Light eye palette shades Indwin, Succubus, Liberatus, Latinus, Laetus
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara
  • The Vintage Cosmetic Company Nancy lashes cut in half
Brows and Lips:
  • NYX Tame&Frame Brow Pomade in Espresso (here)
  • Makeup Geek Mocha eyeshadow
  • L'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper
  • Gerard Cosmetics French Toast lipstick

I am curious to hear your comments on my first black smokey eye, so please let me know what you think of it! Feel free to participate to the tag using #igothyou and go check out Cosmetic Mind's first episode as well!
xo
A

PS. I apologize for the photos for this one because I was fighting with the focus of the camera this day. Sigh.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar