Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Makeup Remover Menu


One of the most annoying things about makeup is having to take it off at the end of the night. I admit to sometimes being up until 3 a.m. because I am procrastinating and feel too lazy to remove it, and we all know that wipes alone won't suffice. And is it just me, but it seems like no matter how much remover (in water, oil, or cream form), it never seems to come off? And just when you think you've gotten a bunch off, you spray your face with toner and pat cotton balls on your face and STILL find patches of foundation?

I've fell asleep with makeup on if I just have some blush or a very light BB cream, I admit. But going to bed in a full-face is a no-no (though I've heard stories of women sleeping in their makeup so that it lasts for the next few days). As much as I hate going through the act of tediously wiping it off, I LOVE how my face feels afterwards. And if you don't remove it overnight, you'll start to break out, get more pores, and age your face. Who wants that? Thankfully there are also removers for specific types of makeup (eyes and lips).

What are some of my makeup remover essentials?

Micellar water is all in the rage, and for good reason: it's water made up of micelles, which are tiny molecules that attract dirt and oil and get rid of the skin's impurities. You can find them from the drugstore to luxurious department stores. I love the Simple Micellar Water because it's super affordable, and my face feels so clean and refreshed afterwards. Simple even has micellar-based wipes!

Whatever the micellar water (or makeup remover oil or cream I am using at the moment) doesn't get rid of, I use the ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths to wipe off the excess makeup. Of all of the wipes, I prefer using ELF because it is one of the cheapest at $3 a pop. Other brands start from $5. I also use these even after cleanser or toner to get rid of even more gunk.

I've never been able to get deep into removing mascara until I received a sample of the Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil on one of my Glossybox subscriptions (I subscribed for 3 months and then left it). It is oil-based and infused with green tea extract, and has microscopic bristles to brush and melt off (no pun intended) regular and waterproof mascara. I also like using this to get rid of my brows and eyeliner.

If I use only water or wipes to get rid of my lipsticks, my lips become a bloody patchy mess. I was using a Sephora lip remover oil before it got discontinued, but thankfully I found the NYX Be Gone! Lip Color Remover. It gets rid of even the most stubborn liquid lipsticks (for me, those are the ABH or ColourPop ones). It is infused with vitamin E for extra conditioning.

Skincare also plays an essential role in removing traces of makeup. I have been using the Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser for over a year, and it does a great job in removing whatever the wipes or micellar water can't. I bought a new toner, Andalou Naturals Blossom and Leaf Toning Refresher for even more help. It is also wonderful for my dry skin, and it is very gentle (unlike a lot of other toners, this does not sting at all).

What are the makeup removers you use on the daily?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar