Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Need Sewing Advice! Badly! Hemming Circle Skirt

This weekend I went to my local fabric store and bought 4 and 5/8 yards of purple plaid cotton fabric and a circle skirt pattern. Now that the easy part was over, I knew it would only get more difficult!

Even though I have had a Singer sewing machine for about 6 years, I was too afraid to use it until late this summer. I started out with pillow covers, tablecloths, table runners, and basic curtains. All went okay. I had a few 'bumps in the road,' but overall, I fared well.

Now that I have grown more accustomed to using my machine, I decided to venture into clothing. I decided on a very simple circle skirt design. The skirt pattern was easy to cut out and the sides were easy to sew. Come to think of it, even the waistband was easy! But I had to stop making this skirt because I realized I may be in over my head! It was the dang hem! The hem is circular, hence the "circle" in skirt, therefore I am unable to make a normal hem.  If I do a straight hem, the edges are going to look warped.

After trying to research the "best avenues of approach," I found myself even more bewildered! Some sites suggest bias tape, rolled hems, roll foot presser feet, grosgrain ribbon, etc. I am SO confused! I have no idea how to finish this skirt.

So, if any vintage-loving seamstress out there can help me out, I would be forever in her debt! Any suggestions would be so so appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar