Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mascara Monday: Revlon Grow Luscious


There are many products on the market right now that claim to strengthen and improve the appearance and health of your lashes. I am a sucker for these products because I want lusher looking lashes, who doesn't right? Revlon isn't a brand that I turn to for mascara however, and the Fabulash name turned me off because I have tried the Fabulash mascara and it was a huge disappointment. I assumed that the design of this brush would be similar to that one, but it can't be any more different. I can't comment on whether this mascara improved my lashes since I've only used it for a few days, but I will tell you how it applies and if I like it. I got this for under $7 at Zellers (during 30% off Revlon sale), but if you are in Canada, check out Walmart this week, they have a 2 pack on for $8.xx.

Revlon's Grow Luscious claims to "help lashes grow stronger while visibly adding length and volume." Studies showed that "96% of women who tested the non-waterproof version saw instantly longer and lusher lashes". Does it stand up to it's claims? When this first came out, I read a few negative reviews, but since mostly positive. Honestly, I do not expect this mascara to do miracles on my lashes, but I do hope for a decent mascara that I will enjoy using and one that will give me length and volume.


This mascara comes in a green tube, which is something different, definitely easy to find in your purse. So let's talk about the brush, it is very large. This brush reminds me of the Too Faced Lash Injection or Prestige My Biggest Lashes brush (picture above). It's overwhelming at first and I think those with small eyes will have trouble with the large brush. The brush is the traditional wired bristles, which I prefer in mascaras. I have it in the colour "002 Black" here. The formula of this mascara is pretty much close to perfect for me, not too wet, does not dry too fast so you can add multiple coats. It does not leave my lashes brittle or hard whatsoever, which is great.



The result that this mascara gives is similar to that of Maybelline's Full and Soft in my opinion. It gives me close to that "false lashes" look that I want to achieve. The brush is soft and glides through evenly. It gives lush, soft, volumized and long lashes. No smudging or flaking occurred so far. I really enjoy this mascara, and am going to use it exclusively for the next few weeks and will update you on any changes to my lashes.

Have you used this mascara? What results did you experience?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar