That said, I need a little coverage in the winter -- while the leftover summer tan on my body takes a lot (like, of time (months and months and months) to fade, my face lightens considerably, and I end up looking a little like a sick person. This foundation came in a starter set from Josie Maran that retailed for $77. It came with a full-size argan oil and minis of her highlighter and moisturiser. Given that the foundation costs $55 on its own, and I love her argan oil, it was an amazing deal. I got the kit in light/medium.
I'm not sure what drew me to this the first time I asked for a sample. I just know that I took it home and proceeded to scrape every last drop of the gray-flecked liquid. It's a weird colour/texture; it pumps out as a whitish-gray liquid. It starts off looking a little orange as you apply, but the coverage is light enough that it won't register that way. When it dries down on your skin, it feels very matte and a touch powdery, like dry sunscreen. I really like the way that feels -- reminds me of the beach!
I would solidly categorize this in tinted moisturiser territory -- on days that my skin doesn't need extra hydration, I'm comfortable skipping moisturiser and using this instead. I also use my hands to apply, since it absorbed into all of my tools -- it's really liquidy. I'm really looking forward to trying this in the summer when I get much darker. I was also really into mood rings as a 90s child. That said, I wouldn't get this foundation on the basis that it's supposed to self-adjust since it's insanely expensive.
People who want a flat matte finish will find that this base lends itself beautifully to powder -- wear time is definitely extended when I bother to give my face a quick once-over with E.L.F. HD. I'm not one to really fuss about how long my face stays on though. I take it off the second I get home and reapply before I go out. My first rule of skincare!
What other tinted moisturisers have you tried? Let me hear it in the comments!

0 Yorumlar