Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Superherofest Approaches

cache=3000-1

Some on-the-set Spider-Man 3 pics for you while I formulate my Superherofest. Actually I'll probably have a mini-event for X3. Probably just X1, X2, maybe throw in Elektra for fun (have you seen it? just forget the little girl the way you forget Kim Basinger in the first Batman, it's good)

cache=3000

I'm helping Sean Cusick with his final directing seminar at Second City, putting up a good ol' classic Secon City review. It should be fun because we've only got five weeks to get it together. I haven't done a sketch show without Schadenfreude in 8 years so I'm kind of excited to use everything I've learned to help Sean knock a show out. That means the night Superman Returns opens I will be onstage. So in traditional Saturday morning fashion I'll crank up the superheroes early, start with a little breakfast and a couple superman cartoons to kick it off.

cache=3000-4

Anyone is welcome to come, ALL DAY SATURDAY. And then Sunday morning will be the big day where iI will believe, once again, that a man can fly. That's a long time after it opens but I want to do this right. It will be features divided up by episodes of classic Superhero tv shows, and the whole thing winds up with Superman I, II and the fabulous clipfest (all the bullshit, some hilarious, some just heartwarming because when you were a kid before Tobey McGuire was born, Nicholas Hammond was the only Spider-Man). Here's the potential lineup. If it can't make it into the feature contention, you go to clipfeat. I have to bump two from feature to clipfest because this looks long. I'm leaning Fantastic Four just because it sucks, but it just seems like it should be in there with the higher mythologies of Superman & Spider-Man.

In-betweener episodes
-Wonder Woman
-The Hulk
-Batman tv show
-Captain America serial
-Superboy

Features
Punisher
Daredevil DC
Blade (2?)
The Hulk
The Fantastic Four
Hellboy
X-Men 2
Spider-Man 2
Superman
Batman Begins
The Fantastic Clip Fest
Superman II
Superman Returns

The Fantastic Clip Fest
Judge Dredd
The Phantom
The Shadow
The Rocketeer
Conan
Red Sonja
Man-Thing!
Elektra DC
X-Men 1
Blade 2
Blade 3
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman serial
Captain America Serial
Darkman
Spider-Man Home video 1998
Aquaman Student Film
Jon Sable For Hire
Superman III
Superman IV
Elektra Woman & Dyna girl
Swamp Thing
Return of the Swamp Thing
Captain America ‘79
Captain America ‘78
Spider-Man tv show
Dr. Strange tv movie
The Justice League of America tv movie
The Hulk tv show
Wonder Woman tv show
Batman TV show
The Challenge of the Superfriends

cache=3000-2

That's how old I was when I saw Superman with Christopher Reeve, I would've shit my pants to have actually met him. Rumor has it I met Darth Vader in 1980, I have no memory of it. Seriously, while promoting Empire, they did a nationwide promotion and David Prowse would come to your grocery story. McMakens IGA in Brookville, OH won the contest. We stood in a long line, David overheated. Oh the humiliation of being hydrated in the fucking breakroom at the fucking IGA in buttfuck when you're in the highest grossing movie of all time. Promotion has gotten so sophisitcated and I know people bitch about it, but did Hayden Christianson have to show up at Gunckels in Verona?

And then that kid ran into this guy.
cache=3000-3

And ran away screaming.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar